Skip to main content

Resurrecting the blog

I was looking back at my blog and so grateful for the insight into my thoughts and life from years ago.  It is time to start it up again.  So here I am.  Can't even begin to fill in the gaps except with the real short summary. I now have 8 kids and my husband serves as Bishop of our ward.  That means that we are very, very busy. This fall I am looking forward to 2 kids in each school- 2 in high school, 2 in middle school and 2 in elementary and 2 at home.
I am certainly busy and have no time to blog so we will see where this goes.
Things that I love that we are doing in our family:
Camping: We have been on 2 camping trips this year.  Our family is learning to love the outdoors and the wonder and experiences that we can have.  Mom and Dad love the price and watching the kids work together to hike and set up camp
Using hymns: We are getting better at using music(singing) to help bring peace to our home at certain times like family scriptures and prayer.  It is far from perfect but with my kids growing up and learning to sing harmony, there are a few perfect moments.
Accountability: We have the kids fill out charts daily to account for jobs and positive behavior. This determines their commission/allowance.  It can be a lot overwhelming but we know that it is a good thing.  
 Paying down debt: We have been working hard most recently to pay down debt which is only our home mortgage.  It has led to us being good at budgeting and planning and we can see the difference in our total owed.  And the blessings have been pouring in like refinancing for 2.75%.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When it rains, it pours

So this month has just been incredible.  We made it through the stomach flu, we are getting good at the whole broken leg thing so now it was time for some more fun. This morning I woke up to a puddle on my kitchen floor and what do you know my fridge is dying and it also looks like Lily has strep throat so she stayed home today.  Are you kidding me?  Did I mention that on top of all the craziness in my life my husband is working crazy 6 and 7 day weeks and long hours. Thank goodness for a sense of humor, some money in the bank to cover emergencies, and a Heavenly Father.  I feel like there is some lesson I am supposed to be learning but I guess I haven't learned it yet cause it is still pouring.  I will say that I have felt immensely blessed in my capacity to deal but my home is in chaos and I am not getting to all the things I want to do.  Don't get me wrong, I know that what I am dealing with is nothing compared to what other people have going on in their life.  My kids ar

Speedy Gonzales and the Black Stretchy Pants

Tues April 6 started as any other day. We woke up and went to a doctors appointment for the girls. That afternoon when I got home I was starving. I ate way too much and then soon got a headache that I blamed on the chocolate dessert that I ate. After resting for a while the phone rang and it was a neighbor who started off the phone call saying "I was hoping that you wouldn't answer because you would be at the hospital. I laughed at her and said no way I have at least two more weeks left. After the phone call about 6:30 Dave told me our goat had had a baby but had died so we called all the kids out and told them about it and we buried it. Then we had a late dinner and put the kids to bed. About 5 minutes later I had a contraction. I thought weird and Dave told me it was just goat sympathy pains. So as I had a few more sporadic contractions I convinced myself that it was just braxton hicks because there was no way that they were "real." I sat down and watched AI

In other news...

Our family has been completely disrupted by a jelly bean sized being. I can no longer cook, open the fridge, change diapers, and be reasonable. Yes, I am enjoying my most favorite part of pregnancy- "day" sickness. I would love to call it morning sickness but the only time I get total relief is at night when I am asleep. I have tried sleeping during the day but that didn't make me feel any better and Lily went wild with a crayon on the walls, tv, windows, table, etc. Luckily my mother-in-law came out for 10 days and ran my house. She was an angel to my family and my husband told me he would give me another week before he expected me to run our home like her. Keep dreaming honey. We are looking forward to April with fear and excitement. Now my goal after this icky stuff is over is to get Lily out of diapers. I have been changing diapers without relief since Jacob was born 8 years ago. I have always done double duty with a toddler and a newborn. So I am really loo